*or whatever spice you want
This recipe is the definition of delicious and nutritious (check the dictionary… you’ll see it there). So simple and quick, it makes a great addition to any meal–or a great snack! Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse food, rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, as well as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, copper, and other essential nutrients. This recipe is a simple, no-fuss dish that you can easily switch up to suit your tastes!
Curry Spice* Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Simple roasted sweet potato recipe with loads of wiggle room to make just the way you like it.
- 3 small-to-medium sweet potatoes or 2 large ones
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tbs curry powder (or adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into roughly 1/2 inch cubes.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil. Gently toss sweet potatoes in pan until coated with olive oil.
- Sprinkle generously with curry powder to taste. Alternately, try any combination of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin… or go sweet with cinnamon & a dash of nutmeg!
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste (this is my favorite kind).
- Bake on center rack for 20-24 minutes. Stir sweet potatoes halfway to ensure they don’t get stuck to the pan–because that would be sad.